Opening Our Eyes (a little wider!)

Quickie quotes and thoughts today. Sometimes we may want to bury our heads in the sand, ignoring all that’s going on around us.

Or, maybe we just keep our heads down without looking up.

“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” Dr. Seuss

It’s not just keeping our eyes shut, but maybe we’ve shuttered our hearts as well.

We may never know what’s around us if we don’t open our eyes and hearts a little wider. Something (or someone) beautiful might be hiding in the marsh of our lives, like this snowy egret in the marsh of the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge.

Sometimes like this young heron we may need to stand up to stand out where we are vs. always blending in.

Other times we may need to open the eyes of our hearts to see the beauty that lives inside us, the light of Love that beats for us, with us, in us – even when things are dark around us.

grace, peace & open hearts

“Only in darkness can you see the stars.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

This entry was posted in Quotes, SNAPSHOTS & WHATNOTS and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Opening Our Eyes (a little wider!)

1. Very good thoughts Virginia!! And I like the pictures you used as examples, just perfect! Have a great weekend!😃😺🌞🌳

2. Very true. Well said. It’s so easy to ignore all that’s happening around us…and then miss out on all the wonders. Great reminder.

Thanks, Sunshine! It’s like finding roses in the rubble – sometimes we have to look (really hard) to see them, they might be hidden underneath lots of tough stuff. Weekend blessings!! ☀️👀🌹👀☀️

Beautifully put!!

• Kay Bain Mangan says:

I love this, Virginia! ESP part about shuttering my heart. Last year on retreat one of the speakers asked us to close our eyes, and picture ourselves in the tent of our heart, with Jesus. He is sitting, ready to talk and be with me; but I’m busy tidying things in the tent, for a long time, so He just sits there, ready, His eyes of love on me… do I repeat this scenario day after day, or do I stop, and BE with Him there?!

Kay, thanks for sharing this, what a beautiful picture! I’m with you busily tidying the tent – but can feel the nudge of Jesus pausing my heart to stop & listen to His Sacred Heart that beats with love for me, for all, to meet Him there. Much love & hugs! 🙏☀️💞☀️🙏

Thank you, Cin – “Nothing is impossible with God” – even finding God’s beauty hidden around us & within us. Hugs & love! 💞☀️👀🌹👀☀️🙏☀️

4. Michelle says:

Love the quotes with the photos! I think there are so many people that have everything but their mouths shut. If only they’d open their eyes and hearts. 💕

I love wetland birds, V! Thanks.

Beautiful, Virginia … and so uplifting!!