Snapshots & Whatnot: Thorny Roses

SNAPSHOT:

A rose in Kosovo (circa 1999)

& WHATNOT…

“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

Isn’t that like our lives, like our faith? Sometimes there’s hard spiky stuff on the way to making something beautiful, to realizing our dreams. Then there’s the thorny crown of suffering that allows Easter to blossom in our hearts.

There’s no Easter without the Cross.

Roses & thorns have each other, like suffering & the joy of resurrected Hope.

grace, peace & thorny roses

This entry was posted in Lent, SNAPSHOTS & WHATNOTS and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Snapshots & Whatnot: Thorny Roses

1. My Carmel says:

Beautiful meditation! Thank you Virginia! and I love the rose πŸ™‚

Thanks for your encouragement, Patty. Recently it’s hit me during the Sorrowful Mysteries that when Jesus bore the crown of thorns, He became a Rose of courage. How we’re meant to be when thorns invade our lives, courageously blooming with faith, hope & love. ✨🌷🌟🌷✨

Ginny,
    What you are saying it true, yet I find myself quick to resist it in my own life and be one of those grumbling at the thorns. 🌹

Thorns HURT!!! Me not like, at all at all! But life happens. Stuff happens. Looking to Christ on the Cross helps my dealings with thorns (not without a bit of ‘why me, why this, why now’ queries, ok, grumbles!) βœ¨πŸŒŸπŸ’œπŸŒŸβœ¨

3. indilydia says:

The season is like an endless transit, a two week journey that seems to be taking forty years. Just yesterday I was surprised by fairly serious situations with three people at work that were like thorns revealed among the roses.

As I’ve been praying, the sense continues to be ‘Look to Him, who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you may not grow weary and lose heart.’

Thank you for such a beautiful reminder and the encouragement that goes with it, that it was finished on the Cross, and that precious blood continues to take the sting of death out of our situations.

Many blessings over you and yours for this season of seasons, Virginia.
    Indi

Indi – thank you for sharing this encounter with thorns (that come in all shapes & sizes.) As we look to Christ crowned with thorns on the Cross, indeed, we can courageously endure whatever prickly thorns people throw at us. He said, “Father forgive them for they do no know what they do.” There are many beanheads around us (& running our world.) How to we courageously bloom with the love of Jesus amist the thorns?

Blessings to you & your family (& blogging hugs!!) ✨🌷✨🌟✨🌷✨

4. Carol-Jo says:

Thank you for the sentence suffering and joy…a daily reminder for me..

enjoyed the roses quote!