Snapshots & Whatnot: Change is Good?

Snapshot:

& Whatnot:

Last month I read comedian Louie Anderson’s moving book, “Hey Mom.” Composed of letters he wrote to his mom (who passed some years ago), Louie shares the joys and challenges of his life: from winning Emmy awards to dealing with loss and tough issues with grace and faith. His memoir touched my heart (and all of me, really) – at times making me teary-eyed from his poignant prose and life stories, then other times laughing til it hurt.

Today’s here’s one of his quotes (that went straight into my journal) for our minds and hearts to munch on:

“It’s so hard to change, even when that change is so good. I wish I could change my inability to change.”Β  Louie Anderson, Hey Mom

Here’s to changing our inabilities to change (or, at least working on it?)

grace, peace & change (the good kind)

This entry was posted in Bookshelf (BOOKS), SNAPSHOTS & WHATNOTS and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Snapshots & Whatnot: Change is Good?

This is a good post. Thank you. I find it heartwarming that Louie writes to his late mum to share weal and woe…I love my mum alot and would often play in my head when my mum is no longer with me and how will I cope.

2. Carol-Jo says:

That was so beautiful…thanks..

Hope you get a chance to read this book, Carol-Jo – methinks you will be blessed by Louie’s humor & heartfelt sharing. Hugs! πŸŒ·πŸ€—πŸŒ·

3. this sounds like a book I would like-thank you and believe me I know the feelings about change.

Michele, as you know change is not easy (most times) but necessary & maybe even (a little) good for us? It’s a precious book filled with lots of humor & inspiration with Louie’s honest portrayal of challenges he faced in his life. Blessings & hugs! πŸŒ·πŸ€—πŸŒ·πŸ“šπŸ€—

Very inspiring, V. Between the quote and your to-the-point post, it shows we don’t need many words to either inspire OR be inspired. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your encouraging words, Tim. I wasn’t familiar with Louie’s story, but saw him interviewed by Stephen Colbert – & then read his book. Inspiring, heartfelt – and funny, hard to do, but Louie does it well. Book blessings! πŸ“šπŸ˜ŽπŸ“šπŸ€—πŸ“š

5. Sparkyjen says:

I love how you ended, ‘or at least working on it,’ because that’s what will get the change done and dusted. It may take some time for it to happen, but working towards seeing it happen is exactly what will get us there. That and saying a whole lot of “Yes I Can’s!”

6. Virginia says:

Change is an ever evolving journey, methinks – but I really like your perspective of getting it β€˜done & dusted.’ Something to aspire to (& keep working on.) Blessings & hugs, Sparkyjen! πŸŒ·πŸ€—πŸŒ·πŸ˜ŽπŸŒ·πŸ€ͺ🌷