a spunky tree (by the sea)

This spunky tree inspired me as it stood next to the sea and a colorful street in a fishing village on Burano Island in Venice, Italy.

“What is the good of stars and trees, sunrise and wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?” E.M. Forster

grace, peace & spunky (inspiring) trees

This entry was posted in Quotes, SNAPSHOTS & WHATNOTS and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to a spunky tree (by the sea)

1. I’m loving the colourful buildings…very unique and different and then there’s the outstanding tree in the middle. Nice scenic…pleasing to the eye.
    Love and light. πŸ’πŸ’«πŸŒŸβœ¨

Thanks, Sunshine – this was one of my favorite pics from a 3 week trip to Italy & Austria. As a tree groupie & bright color appreciator this scene lifted my spirits on a dreary day. Blessings!!! πŸ’¨πŸŒŸπŸŒ³πŸŒŸπŸ’¨

2. Dewin Nefol says:

Hey Virginia, how are you?

Wonderful quote, great photograph, inspiring post, thank you πŸ™‚

Namaste,

DN

Hey DN – hope you are well?

As a tree groupie, this photo is a fav taken on a dreary cold day during a visit to Italy (altho those sort of travel days are always opportunities for Hot Chocolate!) Actually, hot chocolate is good anytime (!!)

Blessings!! πŸ’¨πŸŒŸπŸŒ³πŸŒŸπŸ’¨

• Dewin Nefol says:

I am very well thank you Virginia, as I hope you are too πŸ˜€

It suddenly occurs to me that the colours of the houses lining the passageway are those one would readily see in Autumn. Perhaps your photo might then be seen as a prelude to a change of seasons πŸ™‚

Sweet, frothy, hot choccy, topped with whipped cream and marshmallow pieces is heaven in a glass!

From one tree groupie to another, enjoy your evening πŸ˜€

Namaste,

DN

Hey Dewin, glad to hear you are a tree groupie, too! I have tree artwork all over the house (paintings, etchings, African wood-art, stitched on pillows) β€˜cause its not enough to have trees all around outside, this tree groupie needs reminders inside, too!

Now that fall temps are finally here on this side of the globe (in the state of Virginia) I am looking forward to high frequency doses of hot chocolate. I whisk dark (very dark) drinking chocolate into cashew milk on the stove until frothy (adding the tiniest drop of stevia to sweeten.) Oh la la, it’s so good it doesn’t need anything else! I’m with you – Heaven in a glass!

Blessings, Dewin – hope your week is grand (or at least has grand bits in it!)

Virginia πŸ™‚πŸ‚πŸ™ƒ β˜•οΈπŸ™ƒπŸ‚πŸ™‚

• Dewin Nefol says:

Hey Virginia,

What a lovely thought it is to imagine the great outdoors extending itself into your home by way of tree-orientated arts and crafts! As you’ll undoubtedly know already, trees have held our fascination for thousands of years and are imbued with magic, mystery, sacredness, symbolism and motif: attributes that go far beyond merely describing their species. Trees invite us to absorb their essence for they exemplify how to live, grow, transition, adapt, change and flourish with grace. Sometimes there really is nothing better than to lose oneself in the entanglement of a leafy forest.

Autumn has arrived here in the U.K with gusto as well and recent days, if not weeks, have seen daylight hours shorten, temperatures diminish, and rain fall increase, but Mother Nature wears her autumn gown of many beautiful colours and she is a joy to behold. It is the perfect weather for enjoying warm home comforts, of which hot choccy is but one seasonal essential, and I must say, I am inspired by your hot-choccy recipe and will certainly give it a go. Dark drinking-chocolate is my favourite but I’d never considered trying an alternative to full-cream milk before. It does sound rather delicious, so thank you for the suggestion! I’ll let you know what I think. πŸ˜€

A grand week would be delightful, thank you Virginia. I hope yours will prove to be much the same. Take care,

Love, Peace and hot choccy πŸ˜€

DN