Life is Difficult (a poem by Virginia : )

Virginia is not one for writing much poetry (an occasional poem puts in an appearance here @ Roses in the Rubble, usually written by others?) but last week this poem came scribbling out while lunching out, so this week I typed it up for posterity.

Life is Difficult

Life is a gift – is it?

Not all the time.

Without wonder,

Without meaning,

Without hope –

Life is difficult,

Life is hard.

Worry, anxiety, hurt and despair…

At times disappointment looms everywhere.

But beauty abounds

If you look around.

Light shines in the darkness

(even when it’s hard to be found.)

Light that is here for you, in you, with you

Waiting to turn hope into reality,

(even if not envisaged until eternity.)

Life is difficult,

Life is hard.

You are NOT alone.

God is with you, here to carry you

With Love,

The never-ending kind.

Don’t give up on wonder,

Your life has meaning:

Beloved of God.

Choose hope, choose wonder, choose love.

Life is a gift, for the glory of God.

Keep on going,

Keep Hope alive.

God’s love abounds, even when you cry.

Open your heart to springs of Hope,

There to help you cope.

Life is difficult,

Life is hard.

Keep on going

(With God’s help)

Keep Hope alive.

grace, peace & hope

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

This entry was posted in Life (in general) and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Life is Difficult (a poem by Virginia : )

1. I loved it… and I too believe only God can help me with my life

Beautiful, Virginia! I love it when a poem appears fully (or mostly) formed in my mind. It basically tells me that God put it there and wants to use me to put it out in the world. After all, if we can’t (or won’t) lift one another up, we’re letting ourselves be molded by the world rather than by the Maker!

3. Cjo says:

I loved your poem it helped me today…hugs to you

Thanks for the inspiration and the reminder that we need to nurture ‘hope’.

5. Dewin Nefol says:

Hey Virginia,

Lit-up like a firework, your words sparkle with colours of love and hope. Shine on Virginia, shine on! 😀

Brightest blessings, Namaste,

DN

6. Beautiful poem thank you for sharing this, Virginia.

I look forward to reading more on your blog.
    Have a great day!
    Will

7. arlene says:

Beautiful and so true. Hugs and blessings Virginia!

8. Michelle says:

I love this! Life is hard but anything is possible with God. 💕

9. JOY journal says:

Very true. Life really is hard a lot of the time. Having teens has made me really think about this. I told one daughter the other day that I suspect a lot of life — for the believer — is about God preparing us to be the kind of people He wants to spend forever with. That requires Him to be less interested in our short-term comfort than our eternal joy. For the not-yet-a-believer, the hardness of life surely must be a call to look for the God of Hope. I’m not sure that comforted her, but it comforted me! 🙂

10. Mama Duck says:

This is wonderful and real! Life sure has its challenges but we “press on to reach the end of the race…” Phil 3:14 You wrote a beautiful poem.

11. So beautiful. Thank you for the encouraging words to keep going and a timely reminder. Just what I needed to hear. Life is difficult, life is hard, but God is with me. Always.
    Keep spreading positivity. Blessings to you.

12. Love this lines Life is difficulty and hard….!💕