…peace within… (quickie quote!)

After dashing about the past few days, Virginia (your humble blogger) is wee bit tired.  So today, here’s a meaningful meditation from one of my most favorite saints..

“May today there be peace within.  May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.  May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.  May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.  May you be content knowing that you are a child of God.  Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and everyone of you.”   Saint Teresa of Avila

safari028 (2)grace, peace & infinite possibilities

p.s. photo taken in Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania

This entry was posted in Lent, Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to …peace within… (quickie quote!)

GL, I remember when that photo was taken. Our African guide said to me that if your camera and Dwight’s were shooting bullets instead of taking pics there wouldnt be any flamingos left! That was a wonderful trip and Section B didn’t feed me to the lions! 🙂

There were many flamingo pics to choose from 🙂 … but if you look in the back, i like this one because some of them are flying off.. That was an amazing trip we’ll never forget – Section B wasn’t too tempted (altho Mark almost sold me off for camels in the Middle East, so it could have been close : )
      lots of grace, peace & flamingos – gL : )

2. Thank you for sharing this really appreciate it. St. There’s has done miraculous things in my life.
    God bless you.

Paulette Le Pore Therese Motzko

I never write my confirmation name, but I was confirmed in 2001 after finding dozens of roses from where no roses grew and having numerous prayers answered.

Thank you Paulette, for sharing your comment. I have been a St. Teresa of Avila groupie for a very long time — 26 years… Her writings have had a major impact on my faith & life. So glad to hear about the roses (!!) — (note the name of this blog: Roses in the Rubble!)
      Blessings to you! grace, peace & roses (very special) – Virginia

3. Mark says:

Good quote.

4. elvagreen123 says:

Thank you. The picture reminds me a a similar picture that hung on my Nana’s living room wall. As a child I didn’t really like the picture, now I miss it. Swans are lovely.

Elva – so glad you like the picture. It’s funny how our tastes change over time & as associations make things precious. Big blessings to you!
      grace, peace & precious memories – Virginia