A little (self-medicating) Laughter…

Last week this redhead threw her back out (ouch, ouch!) Not a good time for such an occurrence given celebratory weekend plans (adapted a wee bit) for a certain redhead who marked the passing of another year. (Life is a gift, even with bad-back-blues!)

All that said, today here’s a little medicinal laughter from my hilarity-dispenser to yours.

“You don’t stop laughing because you grow old,

you grow old because you stop laughing.”

George Bernard Shaw

“The more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap.

Stay safe. Eat cake.” (Anonymous)

Or, you can enjoy tea and scones…

…or (lots of) cauliflower!!

“I always wanted to be somebody,

but now I realize I should have been more specific.”

Lily Tomlin

“The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.” Bill Waterson

grace, peace & medicinal quotes

p.s. One last (somewhat) comforting thought: “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.” Charles M. Schulz

This entry was posted in Life (in general), Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to A little (self-medicating) Laughter…

1. Pingback: A little (self-medicating) Laughter… β€” Roses in the Rubble.. real laughter re blog….pass it on | paddypicasso

Yes, V! Thanks for the laughs! Sorry about the back issue, but loved the food photos.
    Inspiration to start another baking project.
    Tim

Oh dear, Tim – your baking projects (the pics thereof) always make me hungry! My back is doing a bit better, but geez, makes me grateful when everything is ticking along gracefully. πŸ°πŸŒŸπŸ™ƒπŸŒŸπŸ°

3. Michelle says:

Sorry about your back! Hope you’re feeling better. That last quote is very reassuring! πŸ˜€

4. JOY journal says:

Bill Waterson! A favorite. πŸ™‚

5. Dewin Nefol says:

Belated Happy Birthday Virginia πŸ˜€ Hoping your day of celebration wasn’t diminished by ‘bad-back-blues,’ and that medicinal laughter – and great quotes – brought welcome relief. Certainly made me smile πŸ˜€

Delightful serving suggestions – I’m torn equally between cake and cream and scones and jam (or both!). However if scones, jam and clotted cream were also offered, it’d be my uncontested choice. In the U.K we call them Cream Teas…a calorie-rich treat traditionally served throughout Devon and Cornwall in the South-West of England, which are so good they’d put sunshine back into the greyest of days.

Have a wonderful pain-free week. Take care,

Namaste,

DN

Oh Dewin, your Cream Teas sound absolutely delightful! It’s hard acquiring clotted cream here, but I am a fan from teas enjoyed in the UK & other places. Some bday plans required changing, but this year brought unexpected treats & eats. My sis Cindy took me to a lovely afternoon birthday tea @ Historic Peace Hill Farm (in Charles City, VA) & my sis Shere & niece took me to Pippin Hill Winery in Charlottesville, VA for a bday lunch in the Shenandoah mountains. Today another friend is having me for a belated bday tea… the celebration continues (although this redhead needs to eat more broccoli vs, sweets!)

Thank you for your bday greetings! Have a grand week!!🎊 β˜•οΈπŸ°πŸ’πŸ°β˜•οΈπŸŽŠ

• Dewin Nefol says:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having a little of what you enjoy (sweets, eats, and treats!) Virginia, besides which I think it’s wonderful to hear loving family and friends – who obviously know you very well πŸ˜‰ – have indulged your sweet side. πŸ˜€ Fruit and vegetables may be an essential aspect of a balanced, healthy diet, but I know of few people who’d choose it as a preference to celebrate their birthday.

I believe Devon Cream Teas are available by mail-order in the U.K, but regrettably they don’t deliver to the U.S for obvious reasons. Perhaps there are companies stateside who might do similarly and deliver to your door? If so, with the festive season approaching, perhaps it might be a consideration for a festive gift?

Always a pleasure, so pleased to know you’ve had a great birthday. Have a wonderful week!

DN

Thank you, Dewin. After enjoying many sweets the past two weeks I’m afraid I must go through sugar detox! But it’s been grand fun (& very delish!) I do like cream teas but I usually serve scones with jam (minus the cream) to save a few calories. Hope you have a grand week ahead! β˜•οΈπŸ°β˜•οΈ

• Dewin Nefol says:

DN

6. Cjo says:

Hope you are better!@

Thanks Carol-Jo, have spent quality time with heating pad & Advil this week. Geez, so grateful all the times back has been ticking along gracefully! πŸŒŸπŸ™πŸ™ƒπŸ™πŸŒŸ

Yup! Those Russian dolls are so full of themselvesπŸ˜‰πŸ€£

8. Sparkyjen says:

I love that you didn’t allow your aches and pains (back pain sucks) to totally diminish your birthday. Instead, you found a way to self-soothe. Good on you!

By the way, I loved the quotes. As it happens, I needed a giggle today myself. Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

9. Haha! I need to buy more cake then! Thanks for the laugh.
    Laughter…a true healing medication.

10. P.S: Sorry about your back. I hope you’re well & feeling much better?