A Little Advent Humor…

On this Advent Wednesday, how ’bout taking a quickie time out to laugh? It has been said laughter is like medicine. At the end of the day laughter may not heal our sore throats, but it sure can help heal our souls.

Virginia prescribes several daily doses of laughter, but even more is better.

For today’s initial dose, here’s a napkin my friend Ann set out at a luncheon years ago. Too funny to use, this napkin was carefully transported home and promptly framed. It stands next to my desk where it makes me laugh, especially on indecisive change-my-outfit-four-times days.

“So, what are you wearing tomorrow?”

grace, peace & Advent Humor

β€œHumor is a prelude to faith, and laughter is the beginning of prayer.” Reinhold Niebuhr

This entry was posted in Advent and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Little Advent Humor…

Love the napkin!!πŸ€£πŸ‘

A dose of laughter is especially warranted right now!

We all need to laugh a little, no make that LOTS, Debbie! My brother and I try to watch something comedic during dinner – it’s necessary these days! Hugs! πŸŒŸπŸ€£πŸŒŸπŸ€—πŸŒŸ

3. Michelle says:

That’s so funny!! πŸ˜‚

We can always use a good laugh these days, Michelle! Hope that you are doing well – heard that SW VA has been hit hard with COVID. Pls stay safe!! Big hugs & prayers! πŸŒŸπŸ™πŸŒŸπŸ€—πŸŒŸ

• Michelle says:

It has. Our numbers have went up like crazy by the day! It’s scary. So far we’re doing well – trying to stay away from people as much as possible. Thank you for the prayers! Hugs!!

Hugs back at β€˜cha, Michelle – pls be careful! Merry Christmas week! πŸŽ„πŸ€—πŸŽ„

4. janesig says:

I love it! I’m sure I’ve mentioned before that my ability to laugh, (at myself as well as others!) is a good indicator of my state of mind. If I find my sense of humour slipping away, then
    I know some soul-searching is needed.

I’m with you on that one, Jane. The ability to laugh is a good barometer of the inner state of things. I find it’s helpful to include humor in my daily intake – especially these days! (My brother & I are rewatching Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister for the umpteenth time!) Advent blessings to you & your family, Jane! πŸŒŸπŸ’œπŸŒŸπŸ€£πŸŒŸπŸ€—