Snapshots & Whatnot: (lens-worthy) images

SNAPSHOTS:

Today we’re taking a pictorial safari in Africa…

Pretty pink flamingos in Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania

Meandering elephant in Samburu National Reserve, Kenya

“Habari?” (How are things?) Ostrich in Kenya

A pride of lions (parked in front of our land cruiser) in Tarangire, Tanzania

Zigzagged goings-on with a zebra in Lake Manyara, Tanzania

Twigga love in the air (high up) in Tanzania

Two feet away (from me) a reflective leopard in Samburu National Reserve, Kenya

& WHATNOT…

Last week on his late-nite show Tavis Smiley interviewed actress Jada Pinkett Smith, who is also the long-time wife (20 years) of actor Will Smith. One of the reasons I like watching Tavis Smiley, his interviews often go into deep places. When he asked Jada how she & her husband maintain their internal image with all the negative gossip that scuttlebutts around Hollywood, she said,

“You cannot look at your image through the eyes of others, because most of the time it’s a very cracked lens.”  (Jada Pinkett Smith)

Good advice for all of us to start off this new week: to find an internal lens that lifts us from beanhead-induced doldrums that cause us to view ourselves with cracked lenses. Let’s try to see ourselves with the eyes of our hearts? Lenses of love? As beloved sons and daughters of our Heavenly Creator, whether we’re pink, striped, huge, spotted, tall, squat, long-necked or blue.

grace, peace & lens-worthy images

This entry was posted in Quotes, SNAPSHOTS & WHATNOTS and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Snapshots & Whatnot: (lens-worthy) images

1. Carol-Jo Osinski says:

loved the pictures, wish I was there…thank you, Virginia..

Those pictures bring back fond memories of my 1st trip to Africa!!! So glad I could visit you twice during your 4 years in Tanzania. Watched Blood Diamond tonight and a repeated phrase was TIA. There’s no place like it good & bad!

The Africa Core (you & Dwight & I) sure had loads of fun on that safari! I will also be forever grateful for your sisterly escort & assistance after my neck surgery – kinda boring hanging out in my apartment after office 1/2 days, but hopefully made up for that with your 3-day visit to our Masai projects! 🙂 hugs!

3. Fatuma Hashi says:

Virginia, good pictures! I also like Jada’s response and your comment, thanks for sharing…

Thank you, Fatuma. I took the Samburu pictures on a CCF visit when we just happened to hit the evening light on our way to evening destination (& a slowly awakening leopard out the window!) Hugs & hugs! 🙂

I love your photos! Awesome…my favorite has got to be the pride of lions….my soft spot for cats 😁

How I love this elephant! Thank you, Virginia, for including him. Wise words, indeed, to focus more on becoming who God wants us to be rather than on what others do.

I’m fond of that elephant, too (it stands framed on my wall – with the leopard.) Sometimes it’s hard to set our faces ‘like flint’ when others say disparaging things, but that’s when we can change our measure-meters to God’s channel. Blessings!!