- Snapshots & Whatnot: Flowery Fall Colors
- 25 October: PAPA! PAPA! PAPA!
- Quickie Quote: Eternity’s Sunrise (& butterflies!)
- An October Day @ Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Wind, Waves and Light: Art in Motion
- 15 October: Saint Teresa of Ávila!!
- Quickie Quote: Soulfully Motivated LOVE!
- A Canadian Thanksgiving Blessing (slightly humorous!)
Read posts about…
- Follow Roses in the Rubble on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Pope John Paul II
Here are three quotes on this Holy Week Wednesday for our minds and hearts to contemplate… “The path to prayer… is now a glorious path through the meadows, now a peaceful country road with no obstacles where we can abandon … Continue reading
Tonight we watched the Conclave begin with the procession of the Cardinals into the Sistine Chapel – ’twas so interesting to see so many countries represented as each Cardinal made his oath…of course, after the 1st round of Black Smoke … Continue reading
Today Eastern Orthodox & Catholic churches celebrate the Feast of the Dormition honoring the faithfulness of Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ, whose ‘yes’ to Angel Gabriel brought Light into our world. As she ran to Elizabeth to share her … Continue reading
This is a special day for me (we have been celebrating) marking 21 years as a Catholic Christian. My church in D.C., Holy Comforter St. Cyprian, received & confirmed us on Pentecost Sunday vs. the Easter Vigil (like most RCIAs.) … Continue reading
i woke up this morning with a bad case of the Blahs(!) … it’s rainy, damp & overcast (a good day to hide under the covers & Not Get Up!) … but it’s Sunday … “Kai, Kai, KAI!!!” (very loud) … Continue reading
“The fruit of a courageous ascetical journey can only be a greater openness to the needs of our neighbor. Those who love the Lord cannot close their eyes to individuals and people who are tried by suffering and poverty. After … Continue reading