- Bubble Baths (of God’s Love!)
- Snapshots & Whatnot: Contemplative Beauty
- Snapshots & Whatnot: foggy-time clarity
- Life is Difficult (a poem by Virginia : )
- #LOVEVA : VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS!
- #AllSouls: Legacies of Love (and Hope!)
- “Happily Ever After” @ Halloween?
- HOCKING HILLS: TREES! TREES! (& MANIFOLD MAJESTY)
Read posts about…
- Follow Roses in the Rubble on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Ash Wednesday
It’s Ash Wednesday… and so Lent begins. Last year @ Roses in the Rubble we started out by opening our hearts to be embraced by God (click here to check out how) then moved into the desert to see how … Continue reading
It’s Ash Wednesday. And so Lent begins… Ashes. Fasting. Prayer. Repentance. Giving up stuff. Doing more spiritual stuff. 40 days may seem like a long time until we celebrate Easter (especially if it’s life without chocolate ’til then!) Sometimes we … Continue reading
Virginia, the blogger, really debated about pulling this Lent-post-a-day gig again this year (seems like i’m always tired!) but here we are. It’s Ash Wednesday (& your humble blogger has almost recovered from her chocolate hangover! almost…) Ashes. Fasting. Giving … Continue reading
“The fruit of a courageous ascetical journey can only be a greater openness to the needs of our neighbor. Those who love the Lord cannot close their eyes to individuals and people who are tried by suffering and poverty. After … Continue reading