- 25 October: PAPA! PAPA! PAPA!
- Quickie Quote: Eternity’s Sunrise (& butterflies!)
- An October Day @ Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Wind, Waves and Light: Art in Motion
- 15 October: Saint Teresa of Ávila!!
- Quickie Quote: Soulfully Motivated LOVE!
- A Canadian Thanksgiving Blessing (slightly humorous!)
- SPEAKING OUT: Voices of Love vs. Hate
Read posts about…
- Follow Roses in the Rubble on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Virgin Mary
Today we remember Joseph, husband of Mary, the mother of Jesus. Joseph took care of Mary & Jesus by creating things as a carpenter and whisking them away from danger when King Herod went on a killing spree. It must … Continue reading
so, it’s a wee bit past Christmas, but i would think that after having Baby Jesus (childbirth is quite a labor-intensive process) Mary & Joseph probably hung out in Bethlehem a Few More Days (actually, since they were still around … Continue reading
It’s late & Virginia the Blogger is a bit cross-eyed with holiday shuffling & tireditis (& nite-time Bi-Pap-monitoring-for-Papa hangovers : ) Speaking of Papa, we had that Football Fest thing going on tonight. Football Fests happen quite often in the … Continue reading
A beautiful poem from one of my favorite writers, Madeleine L’Engle.. To the impossible: Yes! Enter and penetrate O Spirit. Come and bless This hour: the star is late. Only the absurdity of love Can break the bonds of hate. … Continue reading
Today we remember Our Lady of Guadalupe. Since roses are part of the story, i found this photo of a Rose growing not too far from Nazareth – a place where a young Mary might have walked along the shores … Continue reading
Throughout Advent we are continually reminded of the special faith Mary demonstrated when Angel Gabriel told her she would bring the Son of God into the world as a baby (altho she had ‘no knowledge of man’…) She believed the … Continue reading