Important Dates…Earth Day is 22 April!
- snapshots & whatnot: windy waves, tides (& more besides)
- Victoria Day (in Canada) for kindred spirits
- snapshots & whatnot: motivational FiSH!
- Mother-less on Mother’s Day
- snapshot(s) & whatnot: …oh, joy begin…
- snapshot & whatnot: an elephant, good grief!
- The Utility of Futility
- SNAPSHOTS & WHATNOTS: …contemplative turtles…
Read posts about…
Tag Archives: compassion
THE SNAPSHOT… …an Elephant @ Samburu National Reserve, Kenya… (photo: VLW) …& WHATNOT In Sheryl Sandberg & Adam Grant’s book, “Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience & Finding Joy,” the second chapter is entitled Kicking the Elephant Out of the … Continue reading
It’s very late on this Lenten Monday, so here are two short verses for our minds and hearts to munch on … “In the tender compassion of our God the dawn from on high shall break upon us, to shine … Continue reading
Last night (& well into the morning) Williamsburg was treated (again) to snow, 8 inches of it (last week students missed a whole week of school for 7 inches.) Northerners think we southerners are snow wimps & wimpettes, but our … Continue reading
Father Gregory Boyle, founder of Homeboy Industries in L.A., writes poignantly of Boundless Compassion, Redemption & the ‘Slow work of God’ in his book, Tattoos on the Heart. Providing powerful snapshots of his ministry among violent Gang Members in Los … Continue reading