- Quickie Quote: Eternity’s Sunrise (& butterflies!)
- An October Day @ Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Wind, Waves and Light: Art in Motion
- 15 October: Saint Teresa of Ávila!!
- Quickie Quote: Soulfully Motivated LOVE!
- A Canadian Thanksgiving Blessing (slightly humorous!)
- SPEAKING OUT: Voices of Love vs. Hate
- Birthday Blues: Surprised by Joy!
Read posts about…
- Follow Roses in the Rubble on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Holy Hilarity
Once again, it’s Valentine’s Day. In stores, emails, tweets – it’s all LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Mushy sentiment to the masses. Sweethearts and sweet tarts (do they still make those little heart-shaped ones?) The thing is, maybe there’s no sweetheart in … Continue reading
At the end of my 8-day silent retreat in November, Sister Maria McCoy asked me to pick a blessing from a bunch of folded papers in a bowl. Putting my hand in, out came this first blessing … much to … Continue reading
Today has been (yet again!) bleak, dreary, and COLD – that damp kind of cold that permeates bones & makes misbehaving joints creak & ache. Melting snowy landscapes outside look like oozing meringues… …whereupon it’s easy to fall into the … Continue reading
Let me introduce you to Freddie the Frog (here he is listening to Pink Martini Christmas carols while keeping Virginia company.) Freddie is SOFT, BIG & GREEN – a cuddly buddy. The kind of friend Virginia likes to have about. … Continue reading