- An October Day @ Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Wind, Waves and Light: Art in Motion
- 15 October: Saint Teresa of Ávila!!
- Quickie Quote: Soulfully Motivated LOVE!
- A Canadian Thanksgiving Blessing (slightly humorous!)
- SPEAKING OUT: Voices of Love vs. Hate
- Birthday Blues: Surprised by Joy!
- Snapshots and Whatnot: Staycation Grooves
Read posts about…
- Follow Roses in the Rubble on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: theology
Sometimes we think love has got to be that mushy stuff plastered on anniversary cards or whispered between folks who are Seriously Serious into that commitment thing (relationships, dating, marriage??) But, for all of us (single or not) there’s that … Continue reading
As we continue through Passion Week, here are a few thoughts for our minds & hearts to munch on from the amazingly prolific (& one of my absolutely favorite spiritual writers) – the Trappist monk Thomas Merton… “The desert is the … Continue reading
Today we spent quite a long time listening to the Scriptures – from the triumphant palm waving entry of Jesus into Jerusalem at the beginning of the service to the whole Passion account (Luke’s version) : the Last Supper, the … Continue reading
Today marked Pope Benedict XVI’s last day ‘in office,’ so to speak. Several of my evangelical friends & family have asked what i think of his resignation? actually this courageous step has increased my appreciation of Pope Benedict in a … Continue reading
Today we celebrate the life of Saint Francis of Assisi, an incredible man of God who lived a Very Long Time ago yet still has such a Huge Impact on us today – through the amazing Franciscans carrying on his … Continue reading